More From Marian Wright Edelman
- "Children under five are the poorest age group in America, and one in four infants, toddlers and preschoolers are poor during the years of greatest brain development."
- "Being considerate of others will take your children further in life than any college degree."
- "We do not have a money problem in America. We have a values and priorities problem."
More In Best
- "‘Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding."― Alice Walker
- "My nominee for Best Picture of the year – maybe the best picture ever, because it’s essentially made up of and is an ecstatic love letter to all other movies – is Christian Marclay’s endlessly enticing must-see masterpiece ‘The Clock.’"― Jerry Saltz
- "One of the greatest things drama can do, at it’s best, is to redefine the words we use every day such as love, home, family, loyalty and envy. Tragedy need not be a downer."― Ben Kingsley