More From Marian Wright Edelman
- "We do not have a money problem in America. We have a values and priorities problem."
- "I grew up in a very religious family and it is the motivating force to every thing I do. I am fortunate to have had adults all around me who really lived their faith, in helping other people and doing the best you can do."
- "If you don’t like the way the world is, you change it. You have an obligation to change it. You just do it one step at a time."
More In Best
- "Civilization as it is known today could not have evolved, nor can it survive, without an adequate food supply."― Norman Borlaug
- "It is with children that we have the best chance of studying the development of logical knowledge, mathematical knowledge, physical knowledge, and so forth."― Jean Piaget
- "As a mom, I know it is my responsibility, and no one else’s, to raise my kids. But we have to ask ourselves, what does it mean when so many parents are finding their best efforts undermined by an avalanche of advertisements aimed at our kids."― Michelle Obama