More From Margaret Thatcher
- "It pays to know the enemy – not least because at some time you may have the opportunity to turn him into a friend."
- "Democratic nations must try to find ways to starve the terrorist and the hijacker of the oxygen of publicity on which they depend."
- "If you just set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing."
More In Great
- "A mistake made by many people with great convictions is that they will let nothing stand in the way of their views, not even kindness."― Bryant H. McGill
- "Use power to help people. For we are given power not to advance our own purposes nor to make a great show in the world, nor a name. There is but one just use of power and it is to serve people."― George W. Bush
- "Should doubt knock at your doorway, just say to those skeptical, disturbing, rebellious thoughts, I propose to stay with my faith, with the faith of my people."― Thomas S. Monson