More From Margaret Mead
- "Nobody has ever before asked the nuclear family to live all by itself in a box the way we do. With no relatives, no support, we’ve put it in an impossible situation."
- "Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship."
- "We won’t have a society if we destroy the environment."
More In Respect
- "It is not likely that posterity will fall in love with us, but not impossible that it may respect or sympathize; so a man would rather leave behind him the portrait of his spirit than a portrait of his face."― Robert Louis Stevenson
- "If you don’t know how to hold a board, you’re going to look phony. That’s was the biggest pressure for me was to have that respect and to look up to that."― John Robinson
- "The only ground on which a neutral State can claim respect at the hands of belligerents is, that, so far as she is concerned, their rights are protected."― Gerrit Smith