More From Marcus Tullius Cicero
- "It is foolish to tear one’s hair in grief, as though sorrow would be made less by baldness."
- "Just as the soul fills the body, so God fills the world. Just as the soul bears the body, so God endures the world. Just as the soul sees but is not seen, so God sees but is not seen. Just as the soul feeds the body, so God gives food to the world."
- "Brevity is a great charm of eloquence."
More In Courage
- "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage."― Anais Nin
- "Nobody ever seems to want my advice about serious stuff. People will be like: ‘Who made that sweater?’ Or ‘How did you get your hair so straight?’ They don’t to come to me for the relationship advice or deep stuff. In fact, my little sister actually hides from me."― Lauren Graham
- "There is no glory in war, yet from the blackness of its history, there emerge vivid colours of human character and courage. Those who risked their lives to help their friends."― Silvia Cartwright