More From Marcus Aurelius
- "It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live."
- "Despise not death, but welcome it, for nature wills it like all else."
- "Anything in any way beautiful derives its beauty from itself and asks nothing beyond itself. Praise is no part of it, for nothing is made worse or better by praise."
More In Art
- "The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things."― Henry Ward Beecher
- "Time extracts various values from a painter’s work. When these values are exhausted the pictures are forgotten, and the more a picture has to give, the greater it is."― Henri Matisse
- "Art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known."― Oscar Wilde