More From Marco Rubio
- "My parents were working class folks. My dad was a bartender for most of his life, my mom was a maid and a cashier and a stock clerk at WalMart. We were not people of financial means in terms of significant financial means. I always told them, ‘I didn’t always have what I wanted. I always had what I needed.’ My parents always provided that."
- "There’s never been a nation like the United States, ever. It begins with the principles of our founding documents, principles that recognize that our rights come from God, not from our government."
- "You know that big government doesn’t hurt big corporations. They’ve got the best lawyers and accountants in the world. You know who gets destroyed by big government? It’s the little guys."
More In Parenting
- "I believe that the short story is as different a form from the novel as poetry is, and the best stories seem to me to be perhaps closer in spirit to poetry than to novels."― Tobias Wolff
- "A child who is allowed to be disrespectful to his parents will not have true respect for anyone."― Billy Graham
- "The interesting thing about being a mother is that everyone wants pets, but no one but me cleans the kitty litter."― Meryl Streep