More From Manolo Blahnik
- "About half my designs are controlled fantasy, 15 percent are total madness and the rest are bread-and-butter designs."
- "Some people just use beautiful things to just shop or to have a tribal feeling – ‘Oh, blah, blah, blah, I’m wearing Hermes; blah, blah, blah, I’m wearing Saint Laurent; blah-blah blah’ – because it’s like a need, a tribe, recognition: ‘Ahh, my Rolex.’ But I run away from anything which is too recognizable – it’s my nature."
- "I hate these platforms that are all over the place today; they are all about grabbing attention. They are suburban! I never do a platform. Well, I did, in the 1970s, but that was a bad experience."
More In Good
- "Absences are a good influence in love and keep it bright and delicate."― Robert Louis Stevenson
- "Whatever good things people say of us, they tell us nothing new."― Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- "To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves. Nothing is often a good thing to say, and always a clever thing to say."― Will Durant