More From Manolo Blahnik
- "I hate these platforms that are all over the place today; they are all about grabbing attention. They are suburban! I never do a platform. Well, I did, in the 1970s, but that was a bad experience."
- "I couldn’t care less about business."
- "Some people just use beautiful things to just shop or to have a tribal feeling – ‘Oh, blah, blah, blah, I’m wearing Hermes; blah, blah, blah, I’m wearing Saint Laurent; blah-blah blah’ – because it’s like a need, a tribe, recognition: ‘Ahh, my Rolex.’ But I run away from anything which is too recognizable – it’s my nature."
More In Good
- "That good disposition which boasts of being most tender is often stifled by the least urging of self-interest."― Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- "When men come to like a sea-life, they are not fit to live on land."― Samuel Johnson
- "Being in a rock band is about touring. It’s about writing songs and it’s about making records but it’s also about taking a wonderful smile onto that stage and making the people feel good about themselves."― James Young