More From Maimonides
- "Now, we occupy a lowly position, both in space and rank in comparison with the heavenly sphere, and the Almighty is Most High not in space, but with respect to absolute existence, greatness and power."
- "If a person studies too much and exhausts his reflective powers, he will be confused, and will not be able to apprehend even that which had been within the power of his apprehension. For the powers of the body are all alike in this respect."
- "You will certainly not doubt the necessity of studying astronomy and physics, if you are desirous of comprehending the relation between the world and Providence as it is in reality, and not according to imagination."
More In Education
- "Life must be a constant education; one must learn everything, from speaking to dying."― Gustave Flaubert
- "Somewhere between 50 to 60 percent of the food you eat has been touched by immigrant hands, and it is fair to say some of them are not here as they should be here. But if you didn’t have these folks, you would be spending a lot more – three, four or five times more – for food, or we would have to import food and have all the food security risks."― Tom Vilsack
- "But instead of standing up for reason, our government is handing education over to the world of faith."― Polly Toynbee