More From Mahatma Gandhi
- "Every formula of every religion has in this age of reason, to submit to the acid test of reason and universal assent."
- "It is the quality of our work which will please God and not the quantity."
- "Are creeds such simple things like the clothes which a man can change at will and put on at will? Creeds are such for which people live for ages and ages."
More In Faith
- "These are strange times. Reason, which once combatted faith and seemed to have conquered it, now has to look to faith to save it from dissolution."― Johan Huizinga
- "The doubt of an earnest, thoughtful, patient and laborious mind is worthy of respect. In such doubt may be found indeed more faith than in half the creeds."― John Lancaster Spalding
- "It is only by risking our persons from one hour to another that we live at all. And often enough our faith beforehand in an uncertified result is the only thing that makes the result come true."― William James