More From Mahatma Gandhi
- "One’s own religion is after all a matter between oneself and one’s Maker and no one else’s."
- "Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
- "Measures must always in a progressive society be held superior to men, who are after all imperfect instruments, working for their fulfilment."
More In Happiness
- "If happiness truly consisted in physical ease and freedom from care, then the happiest individual would not be either a man or a woman; it would be, I think, an American cow."― William Lyon Phelps
- "According to your sympathy, you will take pleasure in your own happiness or in the happiness of other people; but it is always your own happiness you seek."― John Buchanan Robinson
- "Is anyone serious about the politics of happiness? David Cameron dipped a toe in the water, using the word lightly, but denying the hard policies it implies. Labour shies away from it, but should take up the challenge."― Polly Toynbee