More From Madeleine Albright
- "Maybe if everybody in leadership was a woman, you might not get into the conflicts in the first place. But if you watch the women who have made it to the top, they haven’t exactly been non-aggressive – including me."
- "Because of my parents’ love of democracy, we came to America after being driven twice from our home in Czechoslovakia – first by Hitler and then by Stalin."
- "The best book, like the best speech, will do it all – make us laugh, think, cry and cheer – preferably in that order."
More In Happiness
- "Now I believe that lovers should be draped in flowers and laid entwined together on a bed of clover and left there to sleep, left there to dream of their happiness."― Conor Oberst
- "For the poison of hatred seated near the heart doubles the burden for the one who suffers the disease; he is burdened with his own sorrow, and groans on seeing another’s happiness."― Aeschylus
- "Life everlasting in a state of happiness is the greatest desire of all men."― Joseph Franklin Rutherford