More From Mac Davis
- "There was a chance for me to write one song for the section where Elvis sat in his black leather outfit and sang the old hits. At eight oclock the next morning I had written Memories."
- "I didn’t have a lot of communication with Elvis. You had to go through a barricade to get to Elvis. It was people hanging on every word, and I felt very uncomfortable a lot of times."
- "It’s pretty amazing to me that my first hit record was an Elvis Presley record."
More In Trust
- "You may be right that people say: ‘You know what, we had Obama. He was inexperienced. The guy had great rhetoric, sounded good, looked good, but has turned out to be an utter disaster. I want someone where I have confidence and credibility that they’re up to the job and that I can trust what they tell me.’"― Karl Rove
- "If people believe you’re on their side, they will trust your decisions."― Dee Dee Myers
- "I do not trust those who make the vaccines, or the apparatus behind it all to push it on us through fear."― Billy Corgan