More From Mac Davis
- "I didn’t have a lot of communication with Elvis. You had to go through a barricade to get to Elvis. It was people hanging on every word, and I felt very uncomfortable a lot of times."
- "It’s pretty amazing to me that my first hit record was an Elvis Presley record."
- "There was a chance for me to write one song for the section where Elvis sat in his black leather outfit and sang the old hits. At eight oclock the next morning I had written Memories."
More In Trust
- "With fame, you can’t trust everybody. You can’t depend on them being there for you as a person. They will only be there because of what you’ve got you as a person. They will only be there because of what you’ve got and what you can bring to their life. It’s not a relationship-it’s a leech."― Chris Brown
- "I just think that I’ll never have plastic surgery if I’m not in front of the camera. If you make your living selling this thing, which is the way you look, then maybe you do it. But trust me, the minute I’m directing or producing and not starring, I would never even think of it."― Rebecca De Mornay
- "If a person studies too much and exhausts his reflective powers, he will be confused, and will not be able to apprehend even that which had been within the power of his apprehension. For the powers of the body are all alike in this respect."― Maimonides