More From Mac Davis
- "It’s pretty amazing to me that my first hit record was an Elvis Presley record."
- "I didn’t have a lot of communication with Elvis. You had to go through a barricade to get to Elvis. It was people hanging on every word, and I felt very uncomfortable a lot of times."
- "There was a chance for me to write one song for the section where Elvis sat in his black leather outfit and sang the old hits. At eight oclock the next morning I had written Memories."
More In Trust
- "In every tyrant’s heart there springs in the end this poison, that he cannot trust a friend."― Aeschylus
- "Nobody should trust their virtue with necessity, the force of which is never known till it is felt, and it is therefore one of the first duties to avoid the temptation of it."― Mary Wortley Montagu
- "Deciding whether to trust or credit a person is always an uncertain task."― Aldrich Ames