More From Lyndon B. Johnson
- "Our purpose in Vietnam is to prevent the success of aggression. It is not conquest, it is not empire, it is not foreign bases, it is not domination. It is, simply put, just to prevent the forceful conquest of South Vietnam by North Vietnam."
- "We have the opportunity to move not only toward the rich society and the powerful society, but upward to the Great Society."
- "We have entered an age in which education is not just a luxury permitting some men an advantage over others. It has become a necessity without which a person is defenseless in this complex, industrialized society. We have truly entered the century of the educated man."
More In Environmental
- "Environmental protection doesn’t happen in a vacuum. You can’t separate the impact on the environment from the impact on our families and communities."― Jim Clyburn
- "Factory farming is one of the biggest contributors to the most serious environmental problems. The meat industry causes more greenhouse gas emissions than all the cars, trucks, planes and ships in the world."― Joan Jett
- "And secondly, I would impose a significant state landfill tipping fee and use that tipping fee to fund the billion dollar bond issue that I want to create to produce the funds for all of the environmental challenges that we just went over."― Ed Rendell