More From Lyndon B. Johnson
- "What we won when all of our people united must not be lost in suspicion and distrust and selfishness and politics. Accordingly, I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my party for another term as president."
- "If one morning I walked on top of the water across the Potomac River, the headline that afternoon would read: “President Can’t Swim.”"
- "Our purpose in Vietnam is to prevent the success of aggression. It is not conquest, it is not empire, it is not foreign bases, it is not domination. It is, simply put, just to prevent the forceful conquest of South Vietnam by North Vietnam."
More In Success
- "Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time."― George Bernard Shaw
- "Whenever we seek to avoid the responsibility for our own behavior, we do so by attempting to give that responsibility to some other individual or organization or entity. But this means we then give away our power to that entity."― M. Scott Peck
- "You know, you want to be a success. You want people to know who you are."― Elizabeth Hurley