More From Lyndon B. Johnson
- "Being president is like being a jackass in a hailstorm. There’s nothing to do but to stand there and take it."
- "I want to make a policy statement. I am unabashedly in favor of women."
- "The separation of church and state is a source of strength, but the conscience of our nation does not call for separation between men of state and faith in the Supreme Being."
More In Success
- "Success isn’t a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire."― Arnold H. Glasow
- "Practically all the relationships I know are based on a foundation of lies and mutually accepted delusion."― Kim Cattrall
- "I was definitely incredibly close to my dad, in a way that was all-encompassing. I am close to my mum, too, but there were areas that she and I did not share. So his loss to me was huge, personally and professionally. He believed in me, not just as a father, but as a director, and that always meant a lot."― Natasha Richardson