More From Lyndon B. Johnson
- "The men who have guided the destiny of the United States have found the strength for their tasks by going to their knees. This private unity of public men and their God is an enduring source of reassurance for the people of America."
- "The Russians feared Ike. They didn’t fear me."
- "I will do my best. That is all I can do. I ask for your help – and God’s."
More In Positive
- "I do not expect the white media to create positive black male images."― Huey Newton
- "I certainly can’t speak for all cultures or all societies, but it’s clear that in America, poetry serves a very marginal purpose. It’s not part of the cultural mainstream."― Mark Strand
- "To be positive is to be mistaken at the top of one’s voice."― Ambrose Bierce