More From Lyndon B. Johnson
- "What we won when all of our people united must not be lost in suspicion and distrust and selfishness and politics. Accordingly, I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my party for another term as president."
- "I want to make a policy statement. I am unabashedly in favor of women."
- "Freedom is not enough."
More In Positive
- "And I understand that, I testified in closed hearings over eight years because there are intelligence matters, there are sensitive matters that should not be held in a public hearing."― Louis Freeh
- "I was interested by the idea that artists working in a totalitarian dictatorship or tsarist autocracy are secretly and slightly shamefully envied by artists who work in freedom. They have the gratification of intense interest: the authorities want to put them in jail, while there are younger readers for whom what they write is pure oxygen."― Tom Stoppard
- "Live life to the fullest, and focus on the positive."― Matt Cameron