More From Lyndon B. Johnson
- "We have entered an age in which education is not just a luxury permitting some men an advantage over others. It has become a necessity without which a person is defenseless in this complex, industrialized society. We have truly entered the century of the educated man."
- "Being president is like being a jackass in a hailstorm. There’s nothing to do but to stand there and take it."
- "The men who have guided the destiny of the United States have found the strength for their tasks by going to their knees. This private unity of public men and their God is an enduring source of reassurance for the people of America."
More In Positive
- "Everything has positive and negative consequences."― Farrah Fawcett
- "Many will view the compromises that will be made during your negotiations as painful concessions. But why not view them as peace offerings, ones that will provide in return the priceless gifts of hope, security and freedom for our children and our children’s?"― King Abdullah II
- "Winners make a habit of manufacturing their own positive expectations in advance of the event."― Brian Tracy