More From Luke Ford
- "At the time I perceived most religious men, particularly the pastors with all their talk about love, faith and relationship, as effeminate."
- "I did not want to reject religion as nonsense because life seemed to have no ultimate purpose without it, and most of the good people I knew were Christians."
- "I decided to take God and organized religion seriously, and to reject the secular life which in my teens had looked attractive because it allowed me to act in any way that I wanted."
More In Peace
- "Intervention only works when the people concerned seem to be keen for peace."― Nelson Mandela
- "In a war everybody always knows all about Switzerland, in peace times it is just Switzerland but in war time it is the only country that everybody has confidence in, everybody."― Gertrude Stein
- "None of the abstract concepts comes closer to fulfilled utopia than that of eternal peace."― Theodor Adorno