More From Ludwig Quidde
- "The popular, and one may say naive, idea is that peace can be secured by disarmament and that disarmament must therefore precede the attainment of absolute security and lasting peace."
- "The relationship of the two problems is rather the reverse. To a great extent disarmament is dependent on guarantees of peace. Security comes first and disarmament second."
- "Even a total and universal disarmament does not guarantee the maintenance of peace."
More In Faith
- "I contend the state ought to do its thing and provide legal rights for all couples who want to be joined together for life. The church should bless unions that it sees fit to bless, and they should be called marriages."― Tony Campolo
- "After ‘Four Feathers,’ I quit then because I just lost faith. I didn’t like how the business was."― Wes Bentley
- "What happened on September 11 compels us to focus on who we are as Americans, what we stand for, what really matters in our lives – family, friends, faith and freedom."― Bob Taft