More From Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- "Nothing is void of God, his work is everywhere his full of himself."
- "I will govern my life and thoughts as if the whole world were to see the one and read the other, for what does it signify to make anything a secret to my neighbor, when to God, who is the searcher of our hearts, all our privacies are open?"
- "Consult your friend on all things, especially on those which respect yourself. His counsel may then be useful where your own self-love might impair your judgment."
More In Great
- "In Republics, the great danger is, that the majority may not sufficiently respect the rights of the minority."― James Madison
- "He was a great patriot, a humanitarian, a loyal friend; provided, of course, he really is dead."― Voltaire
- "A woman has two smiles that an angel might envy, the smile that accepts a lover before words are uttered, and the smile that lights on the first born babe, and assures it of a mother’s love."― Thomas Chandler Haliburton