More From Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- "Everything is the product of one universal creative effort. There is nothing dead in Nature. Everything is organic and living, and therefore the whole world appears to be a living organism."
- "Brave men rejoice in adversity, just as brave soldiers triumph in war."
- "He who has great power should use it lightly."
More In Poetry
- "Poetry remembers that it was an oral art before it was a written art."― Jorge Luis Borges
- "I could no more define poetry than a terrier can define a rat."― Alfred Edward Housman
- "And, I mean, I think poetry does need to be met to some extent, especially, I guess, 19th century poetry, and for me, it’s just been so worth the effort. It’s like I’m planting a garden in my head."― Jane Campion