More From Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- "One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood."
- "Wisdom does not show itself so much in precept as in life – in firmness of mind and a mastery of appetite. It teaches us to do as well as to talk; and to make our words and actions all of a color."
- "In war, when a commander becomes so bereft of reason and perspective that he fails to understand the dependence of arms on Divine guidance, he no longer deserves victory."
More In God
- "Think of and look at your work as though it were done by your enemy. I you look at it to admire it, you are lost."― Samuel Butler
- "God gave us memory so that we might have roses in December."― James M. Barrie
- "God lets you be successful because he trusts you that you will do the right thing with it. Now, does he get disappointed often? All the time, because people get there and they forget how they got it."― Steve Harvey