More From Louis D. Brandeis
- "Our government… teaches the whole people by its example. If the government becomes the lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy."
- "Those who won our independence… valued liberty as an end and as a means. They believed liberty to be the secret of happiness and courage to be the secret of liberty."
- "In the frank expression of conflicting opinions lies the greatest promise of wisdom in governmental action."
More In Dreams
- "Dreams really tell you about yourself more than anything else in this world could ever tell you."― Sylvia Browne
- "Bachelors have consciences, married men have wives."― Samuel Johnson
- "IN April 1882 my father died; and I was at once whirled out of my land of dreams into a very different sphere."― Edward Carpenter