More From Louis C. K.
- "Comedians work great as actors because they’re good under pressure. With a lot of actors, you have to make them feel like everything’s going really well to get a good performance out of them. But, if you have a comedian on the set, you can tell them, ‘Hey, you really are screwing this up,’ and then they just get better."
- "Breaking records is not something you expect to be doing. That’s like a sports thing, it’s not usually a comedy and writing thing."
- "A lot of the struggle I had with movies is I really loved moments and tones and feelings in a scene, and I loved creating those, but I never really had great stories to string them together."
More In Art
- "Society questions the police and their methods, and the police say, Do you want the criminals off the street or not?"― Kurt Russell
- "It is the test of a novel writer’s art that he conceal his snake-in-the-grass; but the reader may be sure that it is always there."― Anthony Trollope
- "There are some forms of religion that are bad, just as there’s bad cooking or bad art or bad sex, you have bad religion too."― Karen Armstrong