More From Lord Chesterfield
- "I find, by experience, that the mind and the body are more than married, for they are most intimately united; and when one suffers, the other sympathizes."
- "The world is a country which nobody ever yet knew by description; one must travel through it one’s self to be acquainted with it."
- "The heart never grows better by age; I fear rather worse, always harder. A young liar will be an old one, and a young knave will only be a greater knave as he grows older."
More In Smile
- "Oh, the summer night, Has a smile of light, And she sits on a sapphire throne."― Barry Cornwall
- "If the Starbucks secret is a smile when you get your latte… ours is that the Web site adapts to the individual’s taste."― Reed Hastings
- "I hope there have been times when I made you all proud, or made you all smile or at least piqued your interest in this wonderful institution we call government."― John Rowland