More From Lord Chesterfield
- "The only solid and lasting peace between a man and his wife is, doubtless, a separation."
- "The heart never grows better by age; I fear rather worse, always harder. A young liar will be an old one, and a young knave will only be a greater knave as he grows older."
- "I find, by experience, that the mind and the body are more than married, for they are most intimately united; and when one suffers, the other sympathizes."
More In Smile
- "That a man be willing, when others are so too, as far forth as for peace and defense of himself he shall think it necessary, to lay down this right to all things; and be contented with so much liberty against other men, as he would allow other men against himself."― Thomas Hobbes
- "A smile is the light in your window that tells others that there is a caring, sharing person inside."― Denis Waitley
- "This aesthetic quality, then, is what politics is all about. It’s authenticity that separates winners from losers, good politics from bad, and he-man leader-types from consultant-directed puppet-boys."― Thomas Frank