More From Liberty Hyde Bailey
- "Science may eventually explain the world of How. The ultimate world of Why may remain for contemplation, philosophy, religion."
- "One’s happiness depends less on what he knows than on what he feels."
- "There is no excellence without labor. One cannot dream oneself into either usefulness or happiness."
More In Family
- "When I remember my family, I always remember their backs. They were always indignantly leaving places."― John Cheever
- "The most difficult is the first family, to bring someone out of the world."― Richard G. Scott
- "My grandmother always taught me, ‘If you don’t have a home, family, and church, you don’t have anything.’"― Jennifer Hudson