More From Lester B. Pearson
- "It has too often been too easy for rulers and governments to incite man to war."
- "It would be especially tragic if the people who most cherish ideals of peace, who are most anxious for political cooperation on a wider than national scale, made the mistake of underestimating the pace of economic change in our modern world."
- "Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects."
More In Men
- "In a free society the state does not administer the affairs of men. It administers justice among men who conduct their own affairs."― Walter Lippmann
- "Circumstances rule men; men do not rule circumstances."― Herodotus
- "What is the most beautiful in virile men is something feminine; what is most beautiful in feminine women is something masculine."― Susan Sontag