More From Leslie Fiedler
- "All good criticism should be judged the way art is. You shouldn’t read it the way you read history or science."
- "Hemingway seems to be in a funny position. People nowadays can’t identify with him closely as a member of their own generation, and he isn’t yet historical."
- "When I was 12 years old, someone took me to see Martha Graham. It was nothing like what I thought of as serious dancing and even then I knew I was having a great experience. It was as if somebody was moving through space like no one ever did before."
More In Good
- "Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands."― Anne Frank
- "The brain is like a muscle. When it is in use we feel very good. Understanding is joyous."― Carl Sagan
- "I was the first spokesperson for the Better Hearing Institute in Washington. And that’s the message we tried to send out – there is hearing help out there, and the technology and options are amazing."― Norm Crosby