More From Leon Panetta
- "Today, I think the attitude is that governing is not necessarily good politics, and the result is that it’s much more partisan and much more divided."
- "After every major conflict – World War I, World War II, Korea, Vietnam, the fall of the Soviet Union – what happened was that we ultimately hollowed out the force, largely by doing deep across-the-board cuts."
- "It doesn’t make a lot of sense for us to borrow money from the Chinese to go give to another country for humanitarian aid. We ought to get the Chinese to take care of the people."
More In Art
- "No great art has ever been made without the artist having known danger."― Rainer Maria Rilke
- "Interpretation is the revenge of the intellectual upon art."― Susan Sontag
- "It’s important to debunk the myths of Africa being this benighted continent civilized only when white people arrived. In fact, Africans had been creators of culture for thousands of years before. These were very intelligent, subtle and sophisticated people, with organized societies and great art."― Henry Louis Gates