More From Leon Panetta
- "After every major conflict – World War I, World War II, Korea, Vietnam, the fall of the Soviet Union – what happened was that we ultimately hollowed out the force, largely by doing deep across-the-board cuts."
- "I think the primary message to the world is that the United States is going to remain the strongest military power in the world."
- "It doesn’t make a lot of sense for us to borrow money from the Chinese to go give to another country for humanitarian aid. We ought to get the Chinese to take care of the people."
More In Art
- "The arts are an even better barometer of what is happening in our world than the stock market or the debates in congress."― Hendrik Willem Van Loon
- "Well, Art is Art, isn’t it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know."― Groucho Marx
- "Well, I’ll tell you something, this wedding is something that I will always, always cherish. It was a show of love and support and kindness like I’d never seen from the people, and that’s who I entertain. I entertain the people."― Liza Minnelli