More From Lech Walesa
- "I belong to a nation which over the past centuries has experienced many hardships and reverses. The world reacted with silence or with mere sympathy when Polish frontiers were crossed by invading armies and the sovereign state had to succumb to brutal force."
- "I most sincerely wish that the world in which we live be free from the threat of a nuclear holocaust and from the ruinous arms race. It is my cherished desire that peace be not separated from freedom which is the right of every nation. This I desire and for this I pray."
- "The politicians always told us that the Cold War stand-off could only change by way of nuclear war. None of them believed that such systemic change was possible."
More In Relationship
- "I’ve sort of had an investigatory relationship with being a musician. I really wasn’t sure what I wanted to do. I felt I had had my run – I had done Jane’s and I wasn’t particularly interested in music anymore."― Eric Avery
- "I feel that my relationship with Kasparov now is much the same as it had been before the match – good. As for his reaction, well it can’t be nice to lose your title after so long, but he was very generous."― Vladimir Kramnik
- "I always say I’d rather be miserable by myself than unhappy in a relationship."― Graham Norton