More From Lech Walesa
- "The hope of the nation which throughout the nineteenth century had not for a moment reconciled itself with the loss of independence, and fighting for its own freedom, fought at the same time for the freedom of other nations."
- "We hold our heads high, despite the price we have paid, because freedom is priceless."
- "My youth passed at the time of the country’s reconstruction from the ruins and ashes of the war in which my nation never bowed to the enemy paying the highest price in the struggle."
More In Home
- "In the true sense one’s native land, with its background of tradition, early impressions, reminiscences and other things dear to one, is not enough to make sensitive human beings feel at home."― Emma Goldman
- "Painting is an infinitely minute part of my personality."― Salvador Dali
- "It’s a job – someone’s gotta kiss Jennifer Aniston. The reality is, Jennifer and I can do our job well because we truly are friends. But when the day’s over, she goes home to her boyfriend and I go home to a magazine."― David Schwimmer