More From Lech Walesa
- "My youth passed at the time of the country’s reconstruction from the ruins and ashes of the war in which my nation never bowed to the enemy paying the highest price in the struggle."
- "For now, capitalism is working to produce more money but does not see the people. This problem is getting worse across the world."
- "Our national history has so often filled us with bitterness and the feeling of helplessness."
More In Home
- "We should declare war on North Vietnam. We could pave the whole country and put parking strips on it, and still be home by Christmas."― Ronald Reagan
- "Homesickness is nothing. Fifty percent of the people in the world are homesick all the time."― John Cheever
- "I often feel very guilty because of the time that I spend outside of my home and the little time that sometimes I have for my kids."― Antonio Banderas