More From Lawrence Welk
- "Dreams do come true, even for someone who couldn’t speak English and never had a music lesson or much of an education."
- "Music was my joy, my home, the one place I felt happy and secure."
- "If you put all your strength and faith and vigor into a job and try to do the best you can, the money will come."
More In Smile
- "I love the live performances and Las Vegas. I also like making films that are being discovered by another generation. Having been a teen idol of the ’60s is great because you realize you left your generation with a smile and good memories."― Connie Stevens
- "I’ve covered a lot of ground geographically and emotionally and for years I lost my connection with my family. But the best comfort you can have, whether you are on the phone or sitting there in the living room with them, is with your parents, and to me family has always meant protection. When you smile you get a smile back, unconditionally."― Brigitte Nielsen
- "War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can’t smile, grin. If you can’t grin, keep out of the way till you can."― Winston Churchill