More From Laurence Sterne
- "People who are always taking care of their health are like misers, who are hoarding a treasure which they have never spirit enough to enjoy."
- "Sciences may be learned by rote, but wisdom not."
- "Alas! if the principles of contentment are not within us, the height of station and worldly grandeur will as soon add a cubit to a man’s stature as to his happiness."
More In Famous
- "A lot of stand-up comedy guys, when they get a little famous, just give up their stand-up career, and it cancels out the thing that set them apart."― Johnny Knoxville
- "I imagined being a famous writer would be like being like Jane Austen."― J. K. Rowling
- "You’re not famous until my mother has heard of you."― Jay Leno