More From Laurel Clark
- "The Navy’s paid for you to go through school, and then they need doctors to go out and take care of people who are in various different parts of the world. I decided to pay back my time first as an undersea medical officer. I was stationed in Scotland."
- "It’s such a long mission and we get to spend so much time in space… we’re doing such exciting research. And I don’t want to overemphasize the life science research, but as a physician the life science research that we’re doing is extremely exciting."
- "Life science research can be done on multiple platforms. Since we have a very small number of people flying into space, the more people you have, the better."
More In Experience
- "I’m a very passionate believer in the unity of knowledge. There is one world of reality – one world of our experience that we’re seeking to describe."― John Polkinghorne
- "Experience, already reduced to a group of impressions, is ringed round for each one of us by that thick wall of personality through which no real voice has ever pierced on its way to us, or from us to that which we can only conjecture to be without."― Walter Pater
- "Refusal to believe until proof is given is a rational position; denial of all outside of our own limited experience is absurd."― Annie Besant