More From Laura Riding
- "I feel an intense intimacy with those who have this loathing interest in me. Further than this, I know what they mean, I sympathize with them, I understand them. There should be a name (as poetic as love) for this relationship between loather and loathed; it is of the closest and more full of passion than incest."
- "Poetry brings all possible experience to the same degree: a degree in the consciousness beyond which the consciousness itself cannot go."
- "Because most people are not sufficiently employed in themselves, they run about loose, hungering for employment, and satisfy themselves in various supererogatory occupations. The easiest of these occupations, which have all to do with making things already made, is the making of people: it is called the art of friendship."
More In Movies
- "I love all kinds of movies. I’d especially like to make some, you know, violent crime drama."― Rob Zombie
- "When I finally got up to Industrial Light And Magic to work on the ‘Star Wars’ movies as a model-maker, it felt like dying and going to heaven."― Adam Savage
- "I kicked the door open, and I’m gonna hold my leg in there. I’m keeping the door open for all these amazing female singer-songwriters that are coming out."― Miranda Lambert