More From Larry Wall
- "Doing linear scans over an associative array is like trying to club someone to death with a loaded Uzi."
- "I think the way IBM has embraced the open source philosophy has been quite astonishing, but gratifying. I hope they’ll do very well with it."
- "I want people to use Perl. I want to be a positive ingredient of the world and make my American history. So, whatever it takes to give away my software and get it used, that’s great."
More In Intelligence
- "We have been working hard to think about what our combined needs are going to be in the way of intelligence capabilities, not today but 15 to 20 years in the future."― Stephen Cambone
- "Hope… is the companion of power, and the mother of success; for who so hopes has within him the gift of miracles."― Samuel Smiles
- "My understanding is that what was provided was general order of battle information, not operational intelligence. I certainly have no knowledge of US participation in preparing battle and strike packages and doubt strongly that that occurred."― Frank Carlucci