More From Lao Tzu
- "Truthful words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive; persuasive words are not good."
- "It is better to do one’s own duty, however defective it may be, than to follow the duty of another, however well one may perform it. He who does his duty as his own nature reveals it, never sins."
- "In dwelling, live close to the ground. In thinking, keep to the simple. In conflict, be fair and generous. In governing, don’t try to control. In work, do what you enjoy. In family life, be completely present."
More In Teacher
- "Quite honestly I never had a desire to be an actor. I tell people, I did not choose acting; acting chose me. I never grew up wanting to be an actor. I wanted to play football. In about 9th grade an English teacher told me I had a talent to act. He said I should audition for a performing arts high school so I did on a whim. I got accepted."― Ving Rhames
- "The world of knowledge takes a crazy turn when teachers themselves are taught to learn."― Bertolt Brecht
- "In other words, if a teacher only teaches in one way, then they conclude that the kids who can’t learn well that way don’t have the ability, when, in fact, it may be that the way the teacher’s teaching is not a particularly good match to the way those kids learn."― Robert Sternberg