More From Lao Tzu
- "Treat those who are good with goodness, and also treat those who are not good with goodness. Thus goodness is attained. Be honest to those who are honest, and be also honest to those who are not honest. Thus honesty is attained."
- "It is better to do one’s own duty, however defective it may be, than to follow the duty of another, however well one may perform it. He who does his duty as his own nature reveals it, never sins."
- "Health is the greatest possession. Contentment is the greatest treasure. Confidence is the greatest friend. Non-being is the greatest joy."
More In Happiness
- "I just have a respect for my audience. That seems to be pretty logical."― Thomas Jane
- "Marriage is wild. I thought it was this perfect land of happiness and joy. Wrong! After you say you do, you don’t for a long time."― John Leguizamo
- "I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder."― Gilbert K. Chesterton