More From Lafcadio Hearn
- "It has been wisely observed by the greatest of modern thinkers that mankind has progressed more rapidly in every other respect than in morality."
- "The subject of Finnish poetry ought to have a special interest for the Japanese student, if only for the reason that Finnish poetry comes more closely in many respects to Japanese poetry than any other form of Western poetry."
- "But what is after all the happiness of mere power? There is a greater happiness possible than to be lord of heaven and earth; that is the happiness of being truly loved."
More In Famous
- "A continuing narrative throughout Australia’s history that says it is better to build up than to tear down – this is the continuing mission of Labor."― Kevin Rudd
- "It’s been real weird. It wasn’t how I expected my life to turn out. Especially, mainly pertaining to the show. It never crossed my mind that one day I’m gonna be big and famous and have my own TV show, you know?"― Jack Osbourne
- "Over the past few years, the road to confrontation has shown its consequences: loss of innocent lives, destruction and fear. Most costly, however, was the loss of hope. The most precious gift that you can present to your peoples over the coming weeks is renewed hope born out of tangible progress on the ground."― King Abdullah II