More From Khalil Gibran
- "When you work you are a flute through whose heart the whispering of the hours turns to music. Which of you would be a reed, dumb and silent, when all else sings together in unison?"
- "The just is close to the people’s heart, but the merciful is close to the heart of God."
- "When love beckons to you, follow him, Though his ways are hard and steep. And when his wings enfold you yield to him, Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you."
More In Attitude
- "I’m not a music lover in the sense that I look for something to have on. I’ve never had that attitude to music."― Harrison Birtwistle
- "The townspeople outside the reservations had a very superior attitude toward Indians, which was kind of funny, because they weren’t very wealthy; they were on the fringes of society themselves."― James Welch
- "The compulsion to do good is an innate American trait. Only North Americans seem to believe that they always should, may, and actually can choose somebody with whom to share their blessings. Ultimately this attitude leads to bombing people into the acceptance of gifts."― Ivan Illich