More From Kevin Costner
- "I enjoy sports. I get a real joy from playing sports but I don’t look for those movies. Oliver Stone wanted to know if I would do Any Given Sunday and it just didn’t appeal to me."
- "We still live with this unbelievable threat over our heads of nuclear war. I mean, are we stupid? Do we think that the nuclear threat has gone, that the nuclear destruction of the planet is not imminent? It’s a delusion to think it’s gone away."
- "I think there are good men and women in all decades. We’ve grown cynical. And look at what we do to all our heroes: Churchill, FDR, Kennedy, they all had affairs. But heroic things happen every day."
More In Freedom
- "I believe in trying to get a balance between individual freedom on the one hand and social responsibility on the other."― Chris Patten
- "There’s also a sense of freedom. I was so obsessed by this problem that I was thinking about if all the time – when I woke up in the morning, when I went to sleep at night, and that went on for eight years."― Andrew Wiles
- "All the characters in my films are fighting these problems, needing freedom, trying to find a way to cut themselves loose, but failing to rid themselves of conscience, a sense of sin, the whole bag of tricks."― Michelangelo Antonioni