More From Kevin Costner
- "I think there are good men and women in all decades. We’ve grown cynical. And look at what we do to all our heroes: Churchill, FDR, Kennedy, they all had affairs. But heroic things happen every day."
- "I think these movies are as much for people of that time as for people who weren’t born. For people who weren’t born, they see how leaders must act under a crisis situation, not trying to be re-elected or not trying to check polls, that they go from their gut check."
- "I’m glad movies aren’t going to please everybody, they can’t. But what they have to be is recognisable. I don’t equate myself with a master painter, but I think you can recognise my films."
More In Freedom
- "Thus, the struggle for peace includes the struggle for freedom and justice for the masses of all countries."― Arthur Henderson
- "The wretch who lives without freedom feels like dressing in the mud from the streets Those who have you, o Liberty, do not know. you. Those who do not have you should not speak of you, but win you."― Jose Marti
- "For science must breathe the oxygen of freedom."― John Charles Polanyi