More From Kenneth L. Pike
- "That a society controls, to a greater or lesser extent, the behavior of its members is a universal; but the methods, the particulars of that control, vary from one culture to another."
- "Courage to continue comes from deeper sources than outward results."
- "Without a possibility of change in meanings human communication could not perform its present functions."
More In Health
- "I love my family."― Manute Bol
- "This is a historic moment in global public health, demonstrating the international will to tackle a threat to health head on."― Gro Harlem Brundtland
- "I’ve always leaned toward a feminine, funky style, even in business settings. I used to paint my nails blue in 1993, before it was mainstream."― Sara Blakely