More From Kenneth L. Pike
- "Without a possibility of change in meanings human communication could not perform its present functions."
- "Normal social behavior requires that we be able to recognize identities in spite of change. Unless we can do so, there can be no human society as we know it."
- "With acknowledgement of residues, we can be more easily prepared to grant the unit of science, the overlapping of disciplines, and the total coherence of all facts."
More In Health
- "Why do we have 47 million people without health care? Because America has become about ‘me’. What’s happened to ‘we’ as a people? I believe in that and that resonates to most people."― Carl Lewis
- "I brought a lot of my own pieces of clothes to the design room when I first met with the design team just so they could see what my style was like."― Nastia Liukin
- "Liberty is to the collective body, what health is to every individual body. Without health no pleasure can be tasted by man; without liberty, no happiness can be enjoyed by society."― Henry St. John