More From Katy Perry
- "It was so draining. Going to parties to rub elbows with so-and-so and act like it’s no big deal, when really all I was doing was hoping I’d have the success they had."
- "I’m competitive with myself, and that goes hand in hand with how I present myself. I’m not only trying to put one foot in front of the other, I’m trying to put my best foot forward."
- "Everyone related to me in my circle was from church: church friends, church school, church activities. All my friends weren’t allowed to watch MTV or go to PG-13 movies or listen to the radio, so I didn’t really know anything different. That’s how I was raised."
More In Best
- "You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can’t, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don’t give up."― Chuck Yeager
- "So much of what is best in us is bound up in our love of family, that it remains the measure of our stability because it measures our sense of loyalty. All other pacts of love or fear derive from it and are modeled upon it."― Haniel Long
- "Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."― Ralph Waldo Emerson