More From Kathryn Bigelow
- "I began to exercise a lot of cinematic muscle with the precepts I had learned in the New York art world. Film was intriguing. I began to think of art as elitist; film was not."
- "Our film examines the heroism, courage and prowess of the Soviet submarine force in ways never seen before."
- "If there’s specific resistance to women making movies, I just choose to ignore that as an obstacle for two reasons: I can’t change my gender, and I refuse to stop making movies."
More In Music
- "The opera is to music what a bawdy house is to a cathedral."― H. L. Mencken
- "It comes back to the same old question people are always asking me: ‘When are you going to do a solo record?’ Well, if I did, it would probably be similar to ‘Baluchitherium,’ meaning it would be Van Halen music – which I write anyway – but without singing."― Eddie Van Halen
- "I just go with the flow, so any style can be in my music – that makes it exciting."― Yoko Ono