More From Kate Smith
- "I vowed that whenever my family needed me, I would give up everything to go to them, no matter what. The show must go on was meaningless to me."
- "Public and employer opinion often defeat society’s best interests with a prejudice against middle-aged women."
- "I shall always respect the composer. If I embellish, it is his idea I am embellishing."
More In Great
- "Should doubt knock at your doorway, just say to those skeptical, disturbing, rebellious thoughts, I propose to stay with my faith, with the faith of my people."― Thomas S. Monson
- "Wisdom is the right use of knowledge. To know is not to be wise. Many men know a great deal, and are all the greater fools for it. There is no fool so great a fool as a knowing fool. But to know how to use knowledge is to have wisdom."― Charles Spurgeon
- "Pleasant it is, when over a great sea the winds trouble the waters, to gaze from shore upon another’s great tribulation; not because any man’s troubles are a delectable joy, but because to perceive you are free of them yourself is pleasant."― Lucretius