More From Karl Jaspers
- "If philosophy is practice, a demand to know the manner in which its history is to be studied is entailed: a theoretical attitude toward it becomes real only in the living appropriation of its contents from the texts."
- "The history of philosophy is not, like the history of the sciences, to be studied with the intellect alone. That which is receptive in us and that which impinges upon us from history is the reality of man’s being, unfolding itself in thought."
More In Birthday
- "My parents were dishonest people. If it was my birthday, I knew my mother took me to the K-Mart and she stole my toy. She’d put it in the shopping cart and we’d walk out. I was raised with that."― Vincent Gallo
- "You know you’re getting old when you get that one candle on the cake. It’s like, ‘See if you can blow this out.’"― Jerry Seinfeld
- "Being seventy is not a sin."― Golda Meir