More From Karl Jaspers
- "If philosophy is practice, a demand to know the manner in which its history is to be studied is entailed: a theoretical attitude toward it becomes real only in the living appropriation of its contents from the texts."
- "The history of philosophy is not, like the history of the sciences, to be studied with the intellect alone. That which is receptive in us and that which impinges upon us from history is the reality of man’s being, unfolding itself in thought."
More In Birthday
- "Citizens, thank you for all your birthday wishes. I am 88 years old today and still lucky to live in the greatest city in the world."― Ed Koch
- "Remind people that profit is the difference between revenue and expense. This makes you look smart."― Scott Adams
- "With my wife I don’t get no respect. I made a toast on her birthday to ‘the best woman a man ever had.’ The waiter joined me."― Rodney Dangerfield