More From Karen Thompson Walker
- "Our fears are an amazing gift of the imagination… a way of glimpsing what might be the future when there’s still time to influence how that future will play out."
- "I left my job in the fall, and now I can set my life up around writing instead of squeezing writing into my day; it’s amazing to have that time, and I feel very lucky."
- "End-of-the-world stories tend to ring true. I’ve always been drawn to them, but as I wrote my own, I found surprising pleasure in creating a world that is so radically changed, yet where there’s so much meaning and value in every small and ordinary thing we have, and take for granted: hot showers, enough food, friends, routines."
More In Amazing
- "I’ll watch a Pixar movie over and over and over again. I’ll be with friends of mine who have kids, that want to watch ‘Finding Nemo,’ and I’m like, ‘Yeah, okay, let’s watch ‘Nemo’ again, for the seven billionth time!,’ because they’re amazing movies."― Zachary Levi
- "My parents were kind of like me in that they had tons and tons of weird, amazing stuff."― Jaron Lanier
- "Acting is fantastic, but to be able to create a whole world on celluloid is amazing. It’s like taking your dreams straight from your head and projecting them onto a screen."― Amber Benson