More From Karen Armstrong
- "Well, logos is science or reason, something that helps us to function practically and effectively in the world, and it must therefore be closely in tune and reflect accurately the realities of the world around us."
- "Religion is a search for transcendence. But transcendence isn’t necessarily sited in an external god, which can be a very unspiritual, unreligious concept."
- "Every fundamentalist movement I’ve studied in Judaism, Christianity and Islam is convinced at some gut, visceral level that secular liberal society wants to wipe out religion."
More In Society
- "If anything needs to get fixed in society, it’s people’s consumption of other people’s problems."― Corey Feldman
- "No good is ever done to society by the pictorial representation of its diseases."― John Ruskin
- "This could never be a crime in any society which deems himself enlightened."― Jack Kevorkian