More From Karen Armstrong
- "It’s a great event to get outside and enjoy nature. I find it very exciting no matter how many times I see bald eagles."
- "After I left the convent, for 15 years I was worn out with religion, I wanted nothing whatever to do with it. I felt disgusted with it. If I saw someone reading a religious book on a train, I’d think, how awful."
- "Well, logos is science or reason, something that helps us to function practically and effectively in the world, and it must therefore be closely in tune and reflect accurately the realities of the world around us."
More In Society
- "The self is an oral society in which the present is constantly running a dialogue with the past and the future inside of one skin."― David Antin
- "The Times has much less power than you think. I believe we attribute power to the media generally that it simply doesn’t have. It’s very convenient to blame the media, the same way we blame television for everything that’s going wrong in society."― Michael Pollan
- "You should never have to say hello or goodbye. Even at work sometimes, and I know this is very unpopular, is that if I’m going to work every single day, I don’t think you should have to hug people hello every single day when you come to work. I saw you Monday!"― Mindy Kaling