More From Karen Armstrong
- "Now I think one of the reasons why religion developed in the way that it did over the centuries was precisely to curb this murderous bent that we have as human beings."
- "I am not interested in the afterlife. Religion is supposed to be about losing your ego, not preserving it eternally in optimum conditions."
- "Every fundamentalist movement I’ve studied in Judaism, Christianity and Islam is convinced at some gut, visceral level that secular liberal society wants to wipe out religion."
More In Dreams
- "Talking, talking. Spinning a web of words, pale walls of dreams, between myself and all I see."― John Gardner
- "It is not true that people stop pursuing dreams because they grow old, they grow old because they stop pursuing dreams."― Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- "The sage does not hoard. The more he helps others, the more he benefits himself, The more he gives to others, the more he gets himself. The Way of Heaven does one good but never does one harm. The Way of the sage is to act but not to compete."― Lao Tzu