More From Karen Armstrong
- "Religion is a search for transcendence. But transcendence isn’t necessarily sited in an external god, which can be a very unspiritual, unreligious concept."
- "The hajj is one of the five essential practices of Islam; when they make the pilgrimage to Mecca, Muslims ritually act out the central principles of their faith."
- "Religious people often prefer to be right rather than compassionate. Often, they don’t want to give up their egotism. They want their religion to endorse their ego, their identity."
More In Dreams
- "Every year on your birthday, you get a chance to start new."― Sammy Hagar
- "I know from my own experience and from other people in the business that when you come from a place where nobody knew who you were and then there is this sudden shift to where everybody now knows who you are, there’s an adjustment that you have to make."― Kristen Wiig
- "When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed."― Marilyn Manson