More From K. Eric Drexler
- "You can find academic and industrial groups doing some relevant work, but there isn’t a focus on building complex molecular systems. In that respect, Japan is first, Europe is second, and we’re third."
- "My greatest concern is that the emergence of this technology without the appropriate public attention and international controls could lead to an unstable arms race."
- "I had been impressed by the fact that biological systems were based on molecular machines and that we were learning to design and build these sorts of things."
More In Technology
- "Our business is about technology, yes. But it’s also about operations and customer relationships."― Michael Dell
- "Gates is the ultimate programming machine. He believes everything can be defined, examined, reduced to essentials, and rearranged into a logical sequence that will achieve a particular goal."― Stewart Alsop
- "If we attempt to block the development of new technology, we effectively have ensured that the most responsible parties will not develop them."― Ralph Merkle