More From K. Eric Drexler
- "You can find academic and industrial groups doing some relevant work, but there isn’t a focus on building complex molecular systems. In that respect, Japan is first, Europe is second, and we’re third."
- "Protein engineering is a technology of molecular machines – of molecular machines that are part of replicators – and so it comes from an area that already raises some of the issues that nanotechnology will raise."
- "My greatest concern is that the emergence of this technology without the appropriate public attention and international controls could lead to an unstable arms race."
More In Technology
- "Making duplicate copies and computer printouts of things no one wanted even one of in the first place is giving America a new sense of purpose."― Andy Rooney
- "I think the Canadian sense of humor is dryer than America’s and juicier than Britain’s. I think it’s a cross between the two of them, really."― Scott Thompson
- "I don’t know technology and engineering. I don’t know accounting."― Bernard Ebbers