More From K. Eric Drexler
- "You can find academic and industrial groups doing some relevant work, but there isn’t a focus on building complex molecular systems. In that respect, Japan is first, Europe is second, and we’re third."
- "Protein engineering is a technology of molecular machines – of molecular machines that are part of replicators – and so it comes from an area that already raises some of the issues that nanotechnology will raise."
- "My greatest concern is that the emergence of this technology without the appropriate public attention and international controls could lead to an unstable arms race."
More In Technology
- "When CD technology first came out, it was just so much waste."― Rick Danko
- "As part of our layered approach, we have expedited the deployment of new Advanced Imaging Technology (AIT) units to help detect concealed metallic and non-metallic threats on passengers. These machines are now in use at airports nationwide, and the vast majority of travelers say they prefer this technology to alternative screening measures."― Janet Napolitano
- "There’s a connection between the advances that are made in technology and the sense of primitive fear people develop in response to it."― Don DeLillo