More From Julie Walters
- "I don’t know if you can change things, but it’s a drop in the ocean."
- "Everyone comes up to me saying, ‘Cooee, Julie! Hello!’ as if I know them. Of course I don’t bloody know them. Am I flummoxed by it? Sometimes. I think, ‘Ooh, love, go easy.’ For a time, I did feel this pressure that I had to be funny, but it passes."
- "There were all us baby boomers who had a grammar school education, started to learn, then went on the pill, the whole thing, and so there are today a lot more women writers, editors, producers, and so a lot more women’s stories. God, the BBC’s practically run by women."
More In Famous
- "My business is to teach my aspirations to confirm themselves to fact, not to try and make facts harmonize with my aspirations."― Thomas Huxley
- "Forget about being world famous, it’s hard enough just getting the automatic doors at the supermarket to acknowledge our existence."― Doug Coupland
- "It is the people who can do nothing who find nothing to do, and the secret to happiness in this world is not only to be useful, but to be forever elevating one’s uses."― Sarah Orne Jewett